Terms and conditions
North Cape Tours is responsible for you and your clients when you book your experience through us. We ensure that you get the highest quality service upon arrival and the necessary information prior to travel and will contact you if there are significant changes to your order. We will supply your chosen activity in line with the product description and in accordance to the terms in this agreement. This agreement may apply to an activity, a transport, product, service or a combination of these. If you need to contact us before or during your journey, we are available through our contact information.
Your booking is confirmed when you receive a confirmation e-mail with a booking reference number or an invoice from us. We recommend all our guests to print this confirmation and bring it upon arrival. Our booking system handles reservations for individuals and groups. If you book online you will automatically receive a reservation number. We recommend all our customers to bring an electronical confirmation or paperprint of your travellers document along on the trip. You must be at least 18 years old to make a reservation with us.
Payment and Security
The payment is processed at the time of booking. A booking that is incomplete will be cancelled and we kindly ask you to repeat the booking process. Our payment provider is responsible for the actual transaction, and for ensuring that the correct amount is charged to your card. We will contact you in the event of problems with your credit card. If we are unable to make contact, your booking will be cancelled. All personal data and credit card information is handled on an encrypted site (payment window) and are not stored by us locally. All information provided by you is stored securely and deleted after the specified time in accordance with European legislation (GDPR). We do not share your information with anyone else. Only North Cape Tours will have access to your name and contact details. This will be used so we can inform you of any changes or cancellations to your booking.
Payment by invoice
If you are a travel agent or tour operator we will offer you to pay by invoice.
Payments and refunds take place in Norwegian kroners. We have no control over the exchange rate that will be calculated for refunds to credit cards and are not responsible for any loss incurred. Please note that North Cape Tours does not pay any bank fees incurred for international transfers. This fee (approx. NOK 50 NOK per international transfer) might be deducted from the amount to be refunded depending on the payment method.
Cancellation deadlines and change in booking from your side
To cancel or change your booking, please contact us by e-mail. All cancellations must be sent to us by e-mail. Cancellation can be done up to 14 days before arrival with full refund for online bookings.
- A full refund is provided for cancellations made more than 14 days prior to the arrival date / tour date
- 50% of the total amount is refunded for cancellations made 7-14 days prior to the arrival date / tour date
- No refund is provided for cancellations made less than 7 days prior to the arrival date / tour date
- We will always try to adjust to all changes from your side, but a significant change is regarded as a cancellation
Some of our subcontractors and partners operate with different cancellation terms in addition to ours. You will be informed of these if they apply to your booking.
Cancellation of travel packets
In the event you have booked a packet with several suppliers through us the following terms apply: Cancellation of the package until 30 days before departure is given a full refund of the booking amount. Cancellation of the package between 30 and 14 days prior to departure is given a 50 % refund of the booking amount. Cancellation of the package 14 days or less gives no refund. We will always try to adjust to all changes from your side, but a significant change is regarded as a cancellation.
Insurance and cancellation protection
We recommend all our guests to ensure they have sufficient insurance before commencing their trip in the event of illness, lost luggage, accident, liability or event beyond the control of us or other suppliers.
We are responsible for paying our subcontactors for what you have booked through us. Our subcontractors are responsible for each part of your application, including full insurance, permits, equipment, staffing, which are in accordance with the then current laws and regulations that apply to the provider.
Cancellations and major changes from our side
Cancellations or major changes may occur due to:
- conditions that are beyond our/our supplier’s control, e.g. weather, accidents, breakdowns, strikes etc.
- conditions for the booking not being met, e.g. minimum number of participants. A minimum of two full-priced participants applies for most tours, but this may increase to a minimum of six full-priced participants for selected tours. In the event of this type of cancellation/major change, if you do not accept the alternative provided, we will provide a 100% refund. However, in the interests of ensuring the best possible experience for you, we reserve the right to make minor adjustments due to weather, snow conditions etc. North Cape Tours has no control over the exchange rate that will be calculated for refunds to credit cards and is not responsible for any loss incurred. Please note that North Cape Tours AS does not pay any bank fees incurred for international transfers, and that such fees are deducted from the amount to be refunded.
We accept booking from groups. Please contact us by e-mail.
North Cape Tours determines the price level and the age limits applicable for children’s and youth discounts. Please note that our prices might change, depending on availability and demand. At the moment North Cape Tours does not offer student or Senior discounts.
Claims and complaints
If you find errors or deviations along the way compared to the travel documents you have received, and the matter can not be corrected on the spot, please contact us as soon as possible. We always seek to solve any complaints to your satisfaction. Please note than any claims or complaints related to specific tours must be directed to us in writing. North Cape Tours is not responsible for the activites or sights that we visit during a tour, but will forward claims and complaints to the relevant supplier. If we are not able to reach agreement you may contact the Complaints Committee for Corporate Travel, PO Box 2924 Solli, 0230 Oslo.
Welcome to North Cape Tours - we bring you the highlights of the Arctic!